Serovital HGH is manufactured by Sanmedical International. On their website, it’s described as “an affordable oral formula that encourages the pituitary gland to increase growth hormone production at a more youthful rate, naturally, without dangerous drugs or synthetic hormone injections”.
By naturally inducing the Pituitary Gland to produce more HGH, Serrovital HGH is said to help consumers to:
- Look and feel 10 years younger
- Lose Weight
- Improve Metabolism and ability to burn Fat
- Gain Muscle Mass
- Decrease wrinkles
- Improve Brain Function
- Improve Sex Drive
The studies carried out by Sanmedicals i.e the company who makes the product, critics say these studies are not to be relied on due to the small sample size. Therefore we cannot recommend this product. Please check out the information on GenF20Plus, the product we do recommend.
We shall therefore, be looking at the veracity of the claimed benefits through the lenses of confirmed users.
SeroVital HGH contains a cocktail of amino acids and plant extracts. However, the individual quantity of the composite ingredients is not made known since it’s a “proprietary blend” and this limits our review of the contributory effects of each ingredient. We shall however base our review on the studied efficacy of the listed ingredients
- L-Lysine HCI. Lysine is known to optimize HGH levels especially when combined with arginine. It’s vital to produce proteins, enzymes, and hormones.
- L-Arginine HCI. Arginine is the most important amino acid for stimulating increased HGH production levels. It has been proven in various trials to raise resting HGH levels by 100%, and twice that number when combined with regular exercise
- Oxo-Proline. A glutamic acid derivative thought by scientists to hasten sodium-depended amino acid transport. But animal testing has shown conflicting results with oxo-proline having an adverse effect instead of a beneficial one. Researchers have arrived at a conclusion that oxo-Proline probably induces oxidative stress.
Oxidative stress is an upset in the fine balance between the production of reactive oxygen species (free radicals) and antioxidant protection. When antioxidant levels in the body falls below amount sufficient to counter the effect of the free radicals, damages to all cellular components – proteins, lipids, and DNA occurs. The damaging effects of unchecked free radicals is fingered in hundreds of different health conditions.
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine. Cysteine is a source of glutathione a powerful antioxidant which aids in the elimination of free radicals, protecting cells from the ravages of oxidative stress. It is indicated in the treatment of acetaminophen poisoning and preventing liver and kidney damage.
Cysteine counters the deleterious effects caused by oxo-Proline in the body.
- L-Glutamine. Glutamine is an essential amino acid which maintains the muscles by evacuating excess ammonia which builds up during intense physical activity, reducing muscles soreness and allowing athletes to go harder for longer.
Glutamate which is a derivative of Glutamine increases HGH levels considerably when combined with arginine salts and physical activity.
- Schizonepeta Powder. Also known as Japanese catnip, this herb could potentially treat allergic reactions due to its active component compounds (histamine mostly) which impedes cytokine release.
It’s believed that the histamine in schizonepeta powder controls HGH release through arginine channels. But it isn’t yet conclusive, more studies are required to confirm if shizonepeta powder has any effect on HGH production.
Serovital HGH Oral Spray?
Serovital HGH, unlike GenF20 Plus, does not come with a complementary oral spray.
What are the side effects of Serovital?
A look at the known side effects of some of the ingredients that make up Serovital HGH will give an insight into the possible side effects of the supplement.
- L-Lysine HCI – causes stomach pain and diarrhea. It could be worsened by ingesting large amounts of calcium and lysine at the same time.
- L-Arginine HCI – Arginine has been known to cause abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, gout, allergies, worsening of asthma, low blood pressure, allergic reaction, hives, and increased risk of bleeding. Though we believe the quantity of arginine in Serovital HGH is too small to cause any serious harm.
- N-Acrtyl L-Cysteine – could cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation.
Some consumers have also reported some side effects in connection with Serovital HGH which are not documented:
- Water gain
- Weight gain
Like with all supplements, a doctor’s advice might be necessary if there are existing medical conditions.
Can men take Serovital?
Generally, women are more interested in preserving their youthful looks- one of the touted benefits of Serovital HGH which makes it seem like the product was targeted at them. However, Serovital HGH offers the same anti-aging benefits to men as it does to women. Some other benefits of Serovital which could be of interest to men include:
- Hair growth
- Improved lean muscle mass
- Muscle Strength and stamina Improvement
- Increase in energy levels
- Improved bone density
- Obesity control
- Improved sexual performance
- Immunity boost
- Good cardiovascular health
- Quality sleep
- Enhanced brain power
Serovital weight loss
Amino acid supplements has been shown to improve lean muscle mass in elderly people who already suffer a reduction in lean mass. Therefore, increased HGH levels should increase lean muscle mass possibly leading to a thinner body. But since muscle weighs more than fat, there might not be a noticeable change in absolute weight.
Unfortunately, feedback from hundreds of customers didn’t indicate weight loss from using Serovital HGH. However feedback from customers of GenF20Plus have reported good weight loss results.
Is Serovital HGH safe?
There’s an absence of peer-reviewed clinical trials establishing the safety or otherwise of Serovital HGH. However, there’s been reports of side effects (discussed earlier) by some users which range from mild discomfort to more serious complaints.
What does Serovital HGH do?
Serovital HGH claims to work by stimulating the pituitary gland to increase the production of the HGH. SeroVital HGH on its packaging, stated an extraordinary increase in HGH levels by 682%
This statement came from the results of their 2012 study which included 16 participants. The study found an increase of serum HGH levels 682% above baseline levels 120 minutes after taking Serovital HGH.
This study is not verified by the medical community as it has not yet undergone peer review which is the acceptable standard for certifying scientific findings. The clinical trial has a small sample size which means further research is required before accepting the claimed efficacy of Serovital HGH.
How to Use the Product
The recommended dosage for Serovital HGH dietary supplement is 4 capsules daily. It’s best taken on an empty stomach with large quantities of water to improve absorption and reduce digestive side effects. The supplement is also available as an oral liquid formulation.
Here’s what a cross-section of customers has to say about Serovital HGH supplement:
“I discovered a lump in my breast which made me go for a mammogram in February 2015. The results came back that it was just fibrous breast tissue. I started taking Serovital HGH for its claimed ant-aging properties and for increased energy. I took it for a trial period of 6 months. By November, the lump in my breast was twice as large and became harder. I went back for another mammogram and an ultrasound with a needle biopsy which came out positive. I was diagnosed with stage 2 invasive ductal carcinoma with lymph node metastasis which had developed over a 9 months period. The cancer was said to be hormone receptor positive (Estrogen and HER) which means it was feeding on hormones. I can’t tell if my trial with HGH caused my breast cancer or made it worse, but I wish I never started taking a product with lots of claims and very little clinical studies. Serovital HGH should be tested on HR positive tumors to determine it contributes to the growth of cancer cells. I’ve been battling with cancer this last year of my life with chemotherapy, surgery and radiation. It’s totally not worth the risk.”
“I'm quite impressed with the results from taking Serovital HGH. I’m on my 3rd order now. I’m 64 years old and I have observed a noticeable increase in muscle tone and thicker hair. I plan to continue taking this”
“I would like to advice people to do an online research on the harmful side effects of Serovital HGH. Just after 2 doses, my hands and feet were swollen to double their sizes, I had a sudden outbreak of acne and I had a burning sensation at my back. I had to carry out a research on the product because that was the only thing I did differently. The reported issues people had with this product were quite scary”
“I haven’t seen any results after 2 months of taking Serovital HGH. I’m not sure I can continue with this supplement. it’s too expensive not to give quicker results”
Where Can I Buy the Product?
Serovital HGH is available on all the usual online pharmacies and retailers including Amazon. Its also sold on the Sanmedicals website- www.serovital.com
So why is Gen20Plus reportedly more effective than Serovital HGH since the have similar ingredients?
You have probably wondered, along with hundreds of people, why GenF20 Plus has more favourable reviews than Serovital HGH when they both have similar ingredients. An obvious reason is that the number of amino acids and other extracts contained in GenF20 Plus is twice as much as those contained in Serovital HGH.
- Genf20 Plus has Deer antler velvet which is proven to increase cell growth rate.
- Genf20 Plus Contains Colostrum which accelerates healing, increase immunity, slows aging and increase lean muscle and bone mass.
- Genf20 Plus has Phosphatidyl Choline a lecithin extract which acts as an exceptional emulsifier, enhancing the absorption of the various other nutrients contained in GenF20 Plus.
- Genf20 Plus contains GABA a neurotransmitter which enhances hypothalamic-pituitary function in the human brain.
- Genf20 Plus comes with the powerful Alpha GPC Oral Spray which enhances brain function and increase HGH release by up to 4,100%,
- Genf20 Plus has undergone clinical studies and has gained acceptance in the medical community.
- GenF20 Plus uses enteric coating in their pills which protects the delicate ingredients from the stomach acids till they are safely absorbed into the body.
- Serovital HGH also has added ingredients that cause unpleasant side effects as per our comments above
We think the Serovital HGH doesn’t live up to expectations. There’s little evidence in consumer reviews to support their numerous life-altering benefits. There is also insufficient scientific study of this product.
We’ll stick with GenF20 Plus as our HGH supplement of choice.