Qualia Night is a sleep supplement the Neurohacker Collective that contains an impressive 25 ingredients for an optimal night's rest. Are they correct? Is this supplement the way to reset your circadian rhythms? In this Qualia Night Review, our experts find the answer.
Is there anything more elusive than a good night's sleep as mid-life sneaks into view? Anyone who's battled sleep deprivation will agree: sleeping through the night becomes far more challenging as we age.
You may lie there, unable to fall asleep, knowing it's crazy to obsess over the minutia of life when you have a big presentation in the morning. Before long, it's another night without sleep, and another exhausting day unfolds.
Qualia Night is a supplement designed to put an end to these sleepless nights. It's a blend of 25 ingredients that combine to manage the quantity and quality of your sleep. Some of the ingredients impact the neurotransmitters that enable you to sleep better, like GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), and others influence neurohormones, like melatonin.
Qualia Night also outshines similar sleep supplements in supporting the production of sleep homeostasis drivers, like adenosine.
Research into the dynamics of sleep led the Qualia Night developers to try polyphenol-rich extracts. The idea was to support mitochondrial action in the brain, like adaptogens that help you relax and cope with stress better.
Overall, the supplement aims to do more than make you sleepy-it restores balance to the body and brain, which is what a proper night's sleep achieves.
Pros And Cons
- Deeper and more restful sleep
- No grogginess the next day like traditional sleeping pills
- Falling asleep faster
- Natural formulation to improve sleep and promote a healthy balance
- Knock-on effects for healing and cognitive focus
- Not suitable for everyone as results differ across individuals
- Some ingredients may interact badly with chronic medication
- May lead to diminished alertness in conjunction with other sleep aids
New lease on life
First, its a lot of pills, which may be a deal breaker for some, but fortunately not for me. I have gone from repeated daily naps to no naps, and going to be at a decent hour and sleeping through the night. I am 72, and can't remember not feeling tired and sluggish until now. Its not cheap, but neither was the Makers Mark Bourbon I consumed in large quantities until 4 years ago.
– Paul T. June 2021
Products Claims: Features And Benefits
Improves Sleep Quality
The formulation gives your body everything that it needs to relax. It's non-sedating, but it relaxes you enough to make it easy to fall asleep. You'll sleep more soundly and wake up feeling refreshed. Promotes a good balance between deep sleep, light sleep and REM sleep.
GABA is a neurotransmitter that is critical for falling asleep and entering the REM cycle. The Qualia Night supplement provides the building blocks that the body needs to boost GABA production naturally. It performs the same function as the sleep hormone, melatonin.
The formulation has health-boosting benefits that start with a better night's sleep. Resting adequately at night allows your body to regenerate, and the knock-on effect is that you heal faster.
Qualia Night takes it one step further by also dealing with stress. GABA enables sleep and relaxation by decreasing activity in your nervous system, whereas BDNF is a protein to regulate nerve function in the brain and spinal column. By supporting the production of both GABA and BDNF (brain derived neurotrophic factor), and balancing cortisol levels, the supplement improves the body's ability to recover from stress effects.
You will wake up restored and able to operate at peak performance again.
Sleep deprivation has a similar effect on cognitive functions as alcohol, and eight hours of sleep isn't necessarily enough to counteract it. The time we spend in each stage of sleep is another factor-we move through five sleep phases several times a night, including light sleep, deep sleep, and REM sleep.
During the light sleep phase, we're able to awaken quickly (useful when there might be a predator nearby). It's difficult to wake during deep sleep, and you'll feel groggy and fatigued if you wake during this phase. It is the stage when your body does most of its restorative work.
In the final phase, called REM or rapid-eye-movement, you dream. The phase is crucial because it allows the subconscious mind to process the information it learned during the day. If there are issues that your brain needs to work on, it processes these through your dreams.
Without a combination of these phases, you'll be unable to focus while awake. Qualia Night supports all three types of sleep, improving your focus and promoting proper rest.
A lack of sleep throws your whole system into disarray. Persistently late nights interfere with your body's production of hunger-regulating hormones-your body needs energy, so you feel hungry. You're also less likely to make healthy food choices in that survival state.
In response, the body produces more cortisol to counteract the tiredness, placing the body under additional stress. The extra cortisol then suppresses your immune system.
The combination of poor food choices and raised cortisol levels reduce your immune function considerably. Qualia Night helps by rebalancing these cortisol levels so that your immune system can revive itself.
Does It Work?
The answer depends on too many factors. The formulation is based upon a solid scientific foundation, but the effects depend on how much help you need. If you're relatively healthy, eat properly, and manage your stress, you won't see much difference in taking these supplements.
You would probably not be looking for a supplement that allows you to push the limits, though. The product tends to work extremely well for anxious executives who burn the candle at both ends.
Sleeping through the night
Qualia Night has changed my sleep! I have been sleeping undisturbed nhc-owr3k3e-c for several nights now and I wake up feeling refreshed and renewed. There has been no lingering effects after I wake up which happens with other products and medications. This has been a game changer for me.
– Jacob M.– Feb 2022
Qualia Night Ingredients
Ziziphus jujuba Seed Extract
Haematococcus pluvialis microalgae extract
- An adaptogen, Ashwagandha, is a traditional Ayurvedic remedy for relaxation. It is scientifically proven to assist with stress. It boosts resilience to anxiety triggers, ushering in all the healthier effects that accompany a calmer temperament.
- Gotu Kola is another traditional remedy used to calm the mind and aid sleep.
- Holy Basil is a secret that Ayurvedic practitioners have known about for centuries. It's another adaptogen, calming the mind, sharpening focus, improving your mood, and boosting immunity.
- Reishi mushroom provides sleep support through regeneration of the tissues, and boosts your immune system.
- The scientific community has become extremely interested in Schisandra Chinesis as an adaptogen. Herbal practitioners use it for relaxation, improved mental performance, and preparing the mind for sleep.
Asian medicine has long viewed these seeds as a valuable relaxation aid, and it is still commonly prescribed for insomnia in China.
Chinese medicine prescribes this root to remedy forgetfulness. Modern science is now investigating polygala tenuifolia's ability to regulate GABA and adenosine against the effects of stress.
- Adenosine plays an essential role in our sleep homeostatic drive. The root regulates adenosine production, improving sleep, but it is also an adaptogen, which rebalances your mood.
- European medicine has long prized Hawthorn leaf and flower extract as a heart tonic. Scientific evidence has since vindicated those practitioners, showing that the lauded herb helps the body repair itself and supports restful sleep.
- Saffron is useful for more than cooking-it is packed with carotenoids, crocin, safranal, and picrocrocin. The herb enhances your mood, supports relaxation, and improves sleep quality.
- The resveratrol in Grapevine Extract does more than combat the signs of aging-it also improves the quality of sleep and boosts feelings of wellness.
- Polyphenols in olives are brain-boosting stars, and extremely helpful for keeping the cardiac system in shape. It may also play a role in boosting immunity.
In Qualia Night, olive is used for its role in increasing adenosine production.
- Blueberries provide more polyphenols than olive, acting as an overall tonic, boosting immunity, and improving cognitive function. The polyphenols in blueberries and olives create synergy, each boosting the positive effects of the other.
- Sesame seeds contain compounds that are essential for brain health. These compounds boost the production of BDNF, allowing the brain to repair itself better.
- γ-Oryzanol shows promise in resetting circadian rhythms. Conventional advice holds that going to bed at the same time everyday allows the brain to establish a good sleep rhythm, but animal testing suggests that histamine signaling makes it more complicated.
- Astaxanthin is showing promise for supporting the brain's cognitive functions. It also appears to assist the brain to heal itself and provide crucial gut support.
- Another carotenoid, Lycopene, has protective properties and assists the body in conducting repairs.
- L-Tryptophan is an amino acid that the body needs to produce serotonin, which regulates moods and influences sleep quality.
- Another amino acid, L-Theanine, helps the mind relax and is essential for immunity.
- Betaine is a conventional remedy to normalize the metabolism of homocysteine since high levels of homocysteine are damaging to the heart and liver. Current studies show that Betaine also plays an essential role in protecting neurons in the brain.
- Uridine monophosphoric acid disodium salt, when administered in the right form, is an active sleep-promoting agent. It's crucial in regulating the metabolism of cells, so it is also regenerative.
- Grapefruit extract has proven protective benefits for the cardiovascular system, but it also plays a vital role in the metabolism of GABA and adenosine.
- Quercetin is another type of polyphenol. Like grapefruit extract, it is useful in the metabolism of GABA and adenosine with neuroprotective properties as a side benefit.
- Magnesium is one of the elements used most in the body, mainly for hundreds of enzymatic activities. It's also crucial in the regulation of GABA and melatonin, countering the stress reaction and resetting circadian rhythms.
Magnesium is an essential mineral in the energy-production process, too-taking it before bed at night will help you sleep, rather than boost energy, though. A true magnesium deficiency is rare, but it's challenging to receive an optimal dose through food with supplementation.
- The B vitamins are amongst the most important for brain support. It is also the vitamin group that the body burns through fastest during stressful periods.
- Vitamin B6 is one of the most important of this group in keeping the neuro-pathways clear and healthy. Without it, our brains can't produce serotonin, melatonin, or GABA.
- Ziziphus jujuba Seed Extract: Native to South Asia and used extensively in that region for supporting sleep and relaxation.
- Haematococcus pluvialis microalgae extract is a powerful antioxidant.
Deep Sleep is Back
I take Qualia Night Sunday through Thursday evenings. From the start, my deep sleep has increased along with my resting sleep. According to my sleep app, I fall asleep in an average of 7 minutes. From the time my feet hit the floor in the morning, I feel the morning energy that I've missed for the last 20 years. This makes all the difference in my work day.
– Jeffery T.– Nov 2021
Side Effects: Is It Safe?
The ingredients are naturally occurring and safe as individual substances, but with such an extensive list, there's an increased risk of interactions with chronic medications. If you take medication daily, we recommend researching potential interactions for each element or consulting your health professional.
Taking this supplement in conjunction with a sleeping pill, such as Ambien, could make you extremely drowsy.
While the supplement is marked non-sedating, the relaxation effect could make you less alert than normal, so don't take it before a long drive.
If you've ruled out interactions with chronic medication, the potential side effects are mild at best. You may initially experience gastrointestinal upsets and daytime drowsiness. If so, halve your dosage and see if it improves.
You may then increase your dosage as your body becomes accustomed to the medication (but never exceed the recommended dose). These substances impact brain chemistry. While it is safe at standard doses, we don't know the effect of higher doses for extended periods.
Qualia Night recommends taking four tablets daily, a few hours before bedtime. Unlike sleeping aids, the product takes a few hours to achieve the maximum effect. You'll need to experiment to find the ideal time for yourself.
We suggest clearing your schedule for the evening for the first few nights. Take it about three or four hours before bedtime and then adjust the schedule as you discover the best combination.
The product is different from others in that you only take it five days a week. You may choose which days to skip taking the capsules-it doesn't matter whether you choose consecutive days. You could, take them when you're working the next day, and then party during the weekend.
If you'd like to adopt a more measured approach, you could take the pills in an on-off cycle; for three days before a day off and then two days before another break. Experiment to find what works for you.
Qualia Night Review: Final Thoughts
Will this product work for you? If you have a habit of sleeping too little, working late, or are under pressure, it should be beneficial. A few sites offer you a significant discount on your first order, allowing you to test it for yourself before committing to long-term use.
The science behind the product is good, and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. This is a company that produces high-quality supplements and claims full transparency on its offerings.
We'll close out this Qualia Night Review with a big thumbs up.